Unanswered: Can not find Project or Library

I have an end user that is gettting the error "can not find project or Library" I know that the application is intact because others use it and it runs fine on there machine. This user has had office 97 reinstalled after having problems running office 2000. Im thinking that a dll library was moved/renamed. Im not sure how or were to correct this. Can any one help me rearange this end users pointers?
    Regards
    Jim

You're probably right that the library was "moved". If the application was developed on Access 2000, some of the libraries may be installed in a different location from where they were under 97.

You haven't specified as to whether the application is delivered as an MDE or MDB file (or something else). If you can access the modules on the Access 97 machine (ie it's an MDB file), open any module in design mode. Click on the Tools menu item and select References from the drop down menu. This will open a dialog box containing the available and used references (libraries). One or more of the references should contain the text MISSING: - these are the ones you'll need to concentrate on.

Select each missing reference by clicking your mouse once on the library name. The path and file name should update in the dialog box to where the library was on the last time the application was compiled. Check to make sure the library exists in the same place. If the file exists, it still may not be registered from that location. Check the entire machine to see if there is more than one copy of the file on it. There may be some way to find out which file is the registered version of the library, but I don't know how to help you there.

If the file can be compiled on the 97 machine, try to recompile it. The paths to all of the references should update to where they are installed and registered on it, versus where they were on the development machine.

You can get around some of this using the Office Developer Edition and creating a deployment package. This allows you to deploy the required libraries and register them in the locations you need.
    Regards,
    Terry

Coolness, Ill keep that in mind. When I had him go over the references in the module he found one to be missing, so I told him to reinstall the office platform. Im not sure now if that was the right thing to do. The app (in mdb format) was created and compliled on a 97 machine, so im thinking that the libary was moved to a diff directory, and i was hopping that a reinstall would be easier than talking an end user threw reconnecting a libary, but now i know how if i need to.
    Thanx
    Jim