Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3

    Unanswered: MainFrame DB2 to UDB DB Server (Sun)

    Hi,

    Could someone please let me know how we can transfer Data from MainFrame DB2 Database to UDB Server sitting on Sun Box.
    We need to do a Join query on DB2 and then populate the Data in UDB.

    Is there an option where we can directly pull the Data from M/F and put in UDB Database using Database Server without the intervention of Application Server and programming languages like Java.

    Thanks a lot in Advance.
    VK.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: MainFrame DB2 to UDB DB Server (Sun)

    If you can configure/use DB2 Connect, you can export the data from mainframe and import/load into the sun box ....

    Information on the source and target database versions might be useful for the people in the forum to help ..

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

    Originally posted by vku
    Hi,

    Could someone please let me know how we can transfer Data from MainFrame DB2 Database to UDB Server sitting on Sun Box.
    We need to do a Join query on DB2 and then populate the Data in UDB.

    Is there an option where we can directly pull the Data from M/F and put in UDB Database using Database Server without the intervention of Application Server and programming languages like Java.

    Thanks a lot in Advance.
    VK.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3
    Hey Sathyaram,

    Thanks a lot for the Reponse. Here I have information. DB2 on M/F is version V6.2 and DB on Unix OS is 7.2.0.

    Please let me know how I can achieve it.

    Thanks,
    VK.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    It MAY be possible with the data obtained using DSNTIAUL ...

    You will need to cast all datatypes to char in the SYSIN SQL Statement ..

    Good luck and let us know how things go

    Cheers

    Sathyaram


    Originally posted by vku
    Hey Sathyaram,

    Thanks a lot for the Reponse. Here I have information. DB2 on M/F is version V6.2 and DB on Unix OS is 7.2.0.

    Please let me know how I can achieve it.

    Thanks,
    VK.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3
    Sathya,

    Sadly I'm a real Novice to DB2. I kinda know nothing, was the statement striked me after reading your response. I request, if you can please put your response in a High level ( Non Techie Words ) achieving how to Transfer of Data. Please do the needful.

    Thanks a TON in advance,
    VK.



    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    It MAY be possible with the data obtained using DSNTIAUL ...

    You will need to cast all datatypes to char in the SYSIN SQL Statement ..

    Good luck and let us know how things go

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •