Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    86

    Unanswered: SQL1004C problem

    Hi All,
    I was running a application in db2 v7.2 ,AIX after 10 Min I got SQL1004C error I look at the file system space , the file system has a lot of memory,
    I will appriciate if share your experience with me .
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: SQL1004C problem

    Maybe the filesize limit for the user is reached .....

    If you are using SMS tablespaces, the tables and indexes are stored as files ...

    Could be that the filesize has reached the maximum limit the OS allows ...

    HTHT

    Cheers

    Sathyaram



    Originally posted by David2002
    Hi All,
    I was running a application in db2 v7.2 ,AIX after 10 Min I got SQL1004C error I look at the file system space , the file system has a lot of memory,
    I will appriciate if share your experience with me .
    Thanks

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: SQL1004C problem

    In addition, looking at the db2diag.log file will give more ideas ...

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Maybe the filesize limit for the user is reached .....

    If you are using SMS tablespaces, the tables and indexes are stored as files ...

    Could be that the filesize has reached the maximum limit the OS allows ...

    HTHT

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    86

    Re: SQL1004C problem

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    In addition, looking at the db2diag.log file will give more ideas ...
    Thank you Sathyaram_s for your co -operation,
    I did change the userid to unlimited in OS but error still exist, some times after 30 sec I get this error MSG.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650

    Re: SQL1004C problem

    Please be aware that unlimited permits you to have a file only as large as the OS will allow ... On AIX, the maximum filesize permitted is 2GB ...

    Check if any of the files have exceeded 2Gigs ...

    Check the db2diag.log for error codes ...

    Cheers

    Sathyaram

    Originally posted by David2002
    Thank you Sathyaram_s for your co -operation,
    I did change the userid to unlimited in OS but error still exist, some times after 30 sec I get this error MSG.
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    86

    Re: SQL1004C problem

    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Please be aware that unlimited permits you to have a file only as large as the OS will allow ... On AIX, the maximum filesize permitted is 2GB ...

    Check if any of the files have exceeded 2Gigs ...

    Check the db2diag.log for error codes ...

    Cheers

    Sathyaram
    Hi Guys,
    finally we found out we had application(coding) problem. The application retrived from empty table , It was so funny I do not know how sql1004
    came up. any way thank you for your time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •