Unanswered: strange stuff in server log after a crash

We have a server that has been locking up occasionally and after we re-boot there are strange looking entries in the log. In the date field there is stuff like: 004024 and then a message like: Module(sqlservr+00041A34) (CStmtSelect::XretExecute(class CMsqlExecContext *)const +0000021C)

There are several of these. Following these entries are normal looking enries that sqlserver is strarting up. Anyone ever seen this. Is it normal after a crash?

Thanks for any info

Question Re: strange stuff in server log after a crash

We have a server that has been locking up occasionally and after we re-boot there are strange looking entries in the log. In the date field there is stuff like: 004024 and then a message like: Module(sqlservr+00041A34) (CStmtSelect::XretExecute(class CMsqlExecContext *)const +0000021C)

There are several of these. Following these entries are normal looking enries that sqlserver is strarting up. Anyone ever seen this. Is it normal after a crash?

Thanks for any info
    Q1 [We have a server that has been locking up]
    A1 When this happens, if you can check to see if you have any sysprocess 'spinloop' connections, and are they 'immortal' i.e.(if you kil them they don't die?)?

Re: strange stuff in server log after a crash

Originally posted by DBA
    Q1 [We have a server that has been locking up]
    A1 When this happens, if you can check to see if you have any sysprocess 'spinloop' connections, and are they 'immortal' i.e.(if you kil them they don't die?)?
    The entire machine locks up, not just sqlserver so I can't check anything.

Thanks for the post though!