Thread: sql0911 problem

Unanswered: sql0911 problem

Hi all,
    Recently, we get sql911 during the running a batch application, I am working with db2 v7.2 fix5 aix, I changed locktimeout to -1 and increased maxlock from 40 to 90 and locklist from 100 to 300, error still going on , any idea how can I fix that?
    thanks in advance for your co-operation

Re: sql0911 problem

What was the reason code ? If lock timeout is -1, then the only other possibility I can visualize is deadlock .... Deadlock event monitor might help you to identify the problematic SQL Statements ....

BTW, I believe you would have disconnected all applications for the changes to take effect ...

Though I cannot comment without knowing the environment, maxlocks of 90 seems a big number to me ... Were you getting lock escalations when the maxlocks was 40/locklist 100 ?

Originally posted by David2002
    Hi all,
    Recently, we get sql911 during the running a batch application, I am working with db2 v7.2 fix5 aix, I changed locktimeout to -1 and increased maxlock from 40 to 90 and locklist from 100 to 300, error still going on , any idea how can I fix that?
    thanks in advance for your co-operation

Re: sql0911 problem

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    What was the reason code ? If lock timeout is -1, then the only other possibility I can visualize is deadlock .... Deadlock event monitor might help you to identify the problematic SQL Statements ....

BTW, I believe you would have disconnected all applications for the changes to take effect ...

Though I cannot comment without knowing the environment, maxlocks of 90 seems a big number to me ... Were you getting lock escalations when the maxlocks was 40/locklist 100 ?
    Hi sathyaram_s,
    You are right it was deadlock and after some investigation in application and create index on table that has caused the problem the problem resolved.
    Thank you very much for your time.