Unanswered: ODBC to ASE 12.5 on Linux

I have Sybase ASE 12.5 setup on a Linux server. I have installed the ODBC drivers for 12.5 on a Windows NT 4 SP 6a box. When I attempt to make a connection to the Linux ASE server, I get a "connection refused, verify host name or port number." I can get to Sybase via a terminal emulation program and use isql to log into the Sybase server. The requirements for using ODBC 12.5 ASE are MDAC 2.6 and SP 6a for NT. Am I missing something?

Re: ODBC to ASE 12.5 on Linux

I have Sybase ASE 12.5 setup on a Linux server. ... When I attempt to make a connection to the Linux ASE server, I get a "connection refused, verify host name or port number." ... Am I missing something?

Perhaps. Make sure your ASE is listening on the right socket.
    If it is listening on localhost:1234 you can connect to it via shell and isql but not from remote systems.
    Make sure the ip address of your ethernet device is in your interfaces file.

Re: ODBC to ASE 12.5 on Linux

Hi Bernd Dulfer, your solution fixed half the problem, the other problem was a firewall issue. All fixed now! Thanks again for the help.

Hi

I am also having some what same issue can you suggest, I need to connect the ASE installed in linux from C#.net from windows. should i use oledb or odbc if possible can you provide me the connection strings. can mail me in malik.z@tcs.com