Unanswered: Trying to fix Operation must use an updateable query.

im sure you have seen this error many times, ive searched all over the net and found that the problem is to do with read only access on my web folder. How can i take it off?

If i use explorer to navigate to my web folder (c:\temp) i can check the properties and can see that the read-only box is grey, i can take the tick off and apply my changes but when i check the propertys again the box has put the grey tick back in. If i check the actual files in the folder, none of them have the read-only box ticked. (btw i have admin rights on this machine)

i have tested my code on other pcs (running personal web manager) and it works so that is not the problem.

In the IIS control panel i have enabled read/write access to the site with script execute permissions. Under the directory security tab im using annonymous access andf allowing IIS to control the password.

many pages say that the problem is with the guest account not haveing write permissions, is this something i have missed ? if so where is the option to enable this?

Any ideas ?

thanks for reading...

Are you using an NT box (or 2K or XP)? If so, it's probably a permissions issue. Make sure that IUSR_<machinename> has write permissions into the DB file.

Hope this helps...
    - Brandon