Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    8

    Question Unanswered: ASP and Oracle OleDB Provider Problem

    I'm a running web server running:
    W2K/SP3 with IIS5
    MDAC 2.7

    I also installed on the web server the following Oracle components:
    Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
    Oracle Provider OLE DB 9.2.0.2.0
    Oracle Objects for OLE 9.2.0.4.5

    However, I am getting error below:
    ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'
    Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.
    /scripts/sec.asp, line 21

    Have given anonymous web user account on the server read/execute permissions to the following directories and subdirectories:

    C:\Program Files\Common Files
    C:\Program Files\Oracle
    D:\Oracle\Ora92

    Here's where I try to make the connection in my code:
    Set OraConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

    Oraconn.ConnectionString = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=oraDB;User ID=user1;Password=password;"

    OraConn.Open

    oraCommandStr = "SELECT GUID FROM SECURITY_TABLE WHERE GUID = 'user2'"

    Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    Set objRS = OraConn.Execute(OraCommandStr)

    Response.Write objRS.Fields("GUID")

    Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong or have not checked?

    thanks
    simpson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    This happened just recently to a sql server user - just reinstall the mdac and let me know if that clears up your problem. From what I have seen in the past - this just means that what you are referencing was not registered properly. You could track down the component and register is manually but reinstalling is much easier.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    8

    ASP and Oracle OleDB Provider Problem

    Hi- thanks for responding

    Actually, that was the last thing I tried. Yes, I did try to reinstall the MDAC 2.7

    Still didn't work.

    What about the Oracle Provider for OLE DB? Could this be the problem and not the MDAC? I'm out of ideas and not sure where to look.

    How would I verify if the Oracle Provider for OLE DB is indeed registered? I'm sure I can do it by searching the registry, but which dll would be associated with the provider?

    simpson

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    First verify that the following file exists:

    msdaora.dll

    Then I would manually register it and see if it still fails.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    8
    Tried that. Still same error.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    2,232
    The Oracle Provider OLE DB 9.2.0.2.0 - was that provided in the mdac installation or a separate installation ? If it was separate, who supplied the driver ? Also, look in your registry to see which driver you are using for this driver - you may have to copy the key that has this reference to find the actual dll.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    482

    Cool

    The default OLEDB values are located in the registry at: \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\OLEDB . Check the values for missing values.

    You can try to get better error messages from your code. Since you are using Visual Basic, the error text can be returned as well using the Error collections object of the ADO model. If you have the on-line documentation see the "Oracle Provider for OLE DB User's Guide " for some clues.


    Hope that helps,

    clio_usa
    OCP - DBA

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb try this

    I had a problem with CLOB fields, and this was my solution

    install the file ODAC:
    oracle dot com/technology/software/tech/dotnet/utilsoft.html

    then...
    ASP code:
    Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    Conn.cursorlocation=3
    'OraOLEDB.Oracle only works after ODAC install
    DSNTest="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=xxxx;Us er ID=uuuu;Data Source=dddd"
    Conn.open DSNtest

    set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")
    rs.Open "Select * from tab_with_clob where rownum=1", Conn
    for each x in rs.fields
    response.write(x.name)
    response.write(" = ")
    response.write(x.value)
    response.write("<br />")
    next

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •