Red face Unanswered: problem in sql statment in access

hi here is the sqlstmt im trying to run ...all column names are spelled correctly but access is giving me error that it doesnt exist.....
    here is the statement

SQLSTmt = "SELECT * FROM [Sales Order LineItems] WHERE [Item Number] = '" & formname![Item Number] & "' AND [Sales Order Number]= """ & formname![Sales Order Number] = """ & And [Line Number]= """ & formname![Line Number] & """"""

any help would be appreciated , thank You

1. Try putting your query into a string variable before execution. When it stops, you can print the string variable in the debug window and you might see missing quotes, syntax errors or unexpected data in the search fields. This also allows you to replace the contents of the string and try querying again without stopping and restarting the program.

2. Break the query down into smaller pieces until you get each one working and reassemble the working pieces.

3. Verify the names, data formats and values available in your table. Your users might have been creative with their data.

Good Luck
    Bruce Baasch

It looks like you included an extra set of quotes in the line number criteria there.. I'd check that first.

If I'm not mistaken it looks like instead of quotes you have ' in your statement just before and after & formname so it looks like '" instead of "

He wants to do that. He's trying to pass a string value there. To pass a string value you have to enclose the string in quotes. To pass a Quote to the sql interpreter you have to double it up like that. Only thing is on the right side he doubled it up twice.