Unanswered: I have a situation here

hi
    I have a situation here and I would appreciate your feedback on this

I am working on sales order form. if an order comes in , I wanted to check the inventory , which i did and its working fine. If I dont have enuff inventory i want to place a work order.
    What i did is I made another table workorder and form workorder. If I dont have enuff inventory, it prompts me to place a work order and takes me there.
    Now the problem is that it will read all the information from sales order like sales order number, description. but i want it to generate diff WORKORDER ID every time i go to that workorder form. How can I do that?
    any feedback will be appreciated. thank You

Re: I have a situation here

Originally posted by VBAPROGRAMMER
    hi
    I have a situation here and I would appreciate your feedback on this

I am working on sales order form. if an order comes in , I wanted to check the inventory , which i did and its working fine. If I dont have enuff inventory i want to place a work order.
    What i did is I made another table workorder and form workorder. If I dont have enuff inventory, it prompts me to place a work order and takes me there.
    Now the problem is that it will read all the information from sales order like sales order number, description. but i want it to generate diff WORKORDER ID every time i go to that workorder form. How can I do that?
    any feedback will be appreciated. thank You
    I don;t know what your workorder table looks like or what the format of the primary key in the table is, but one idea would be to use an autonumber field for it. Doing so and opening your workorder form at the new record would automatically generate a new work order ID.
    Regards,
    Terry

You might try:

NextWorkOrder = dmax("workOrderNumber","WorkOrderTable") + 1

j

Thank you very much , I tried autoNumber and other , both of them worked . Again thankyou both of you for your help

Originally posted by VBAPROGRAMMER
    Thank you very much , I tried autoNumber and other , both of them worked . Again thankyou both of you for your help
    Cool!
    Regards,
    Terry