I'm new to Delphi. When starting to write my first database application ( which uses mySQL ) I already encountered the following problem: whenever I put the Connected property of the TSQLConnection object to true, I get an error saying "unable to load LIBMYSQL.DLL".
I use VB6 and mySQL in Windows. Answering these questions may help you find what your problem is:
1) Do you have the dll on your machine?
2) Do you have the correct version of the dll?
3) Is the dll in the directory that mySQL says it should be in?
4) Does Delphi know where to find the dll?
5) Do you have to register the dll?
There is a command in windows called regsvr32 which allows you to register dlls - usually you use this when an installation is corrupted or when you need to reference a dll that has not been registered.