Question Unanswered: Import/Export Specifications

I am having problems when I try to open a report which is based on a table linked to a text (.txt) file. Th error message is that it cant find the Import/Export Specification which I established to import the table. Every time I have to open the spec, and re-save it before I can open the report. Any ideas?

give us some more info

Operating system, acess version, etc.
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you have a table linked to a text file? This does not sound as an efficient way to work with data. As M. Timoney asked, is it possible to give us a little more info and detail?
    Don't do today, what can be done tomorrow.

Originally posted by SLACKER
    If you don't mind me asking, why do you have a table linked to a text file? This does not sound as an efficient way to work with data. As M. Timoney asked, is it possible to give us a little more info and detail?
    I am using Access 97 on Windows 2000 network. I produce a series of .txt files in order for them to be picked up by an FTP server in Europe. Once the output .txt file is produced, I need to do a variety of checks on the data before placing it on the server. This is the reason I am using a link, as there is no need to cut/paste the data, as the link refers to the same directory every time. I hope this makes sense now!

Import/Export Spec's

I am using Access 97 on a Windows 2000 network. I create .txt files in order to transfer to Europe over a FTP server. They have to be in .txt format in order to upload into a larger Oracle DB. Once the file(s) are created, I have linked them into my DB in order to perfom routine checks on the data, for completeness and accuracy. That is the reason I have linked a table to the files, in order to save myself importing the data every time into a table. However, Access keeps losing the Import Spec I use!!