Unanswered: Insufficient Privileges

I have an interesting problem that I cannot seem to crack.
    I have created a new tablespace but for some reason I cannot access the new tablespace. The user I am trying to access it with has the system privilege "Unlimited Tablespace" but I am still unable to access the new table space with this user. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks...

Sounds like a quota problem... Maybe you could explain better?

I thought it was a quota problem too. That's why I gave the user the "Unlimited Tablespace" System Privilege. I thought that giving the user "Unlimited Tablespace" System Privilege would remedy the quote problem.

Are you getting error messages? If so, including them would help diagnose the problem. Without those and assuming it's not a qouta problem, we can only guess.

IS the tablespace and/or datafile(s) online?

HTH,
    Patrick

Originally posted by errodr
    I thought it was a quota problem too. That's why I gave the user the "Unlimited Tablespace" System Privilege. I thought that giving the user "Unlimited Tablespace" System Privilege would remedy the quote problem.

Re: Insufficient Privileges

Originally posted by errodr
    I have an interesting problem that I cannot seem to crack.
    I have created a new tablespace but for some reason I cannot access the new tablespace. The user I am trying to access it with has the system privilege "Unlimited Tablespace" but I am still unable to access the new table space with this user. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks...
    did you gave the user rights to that tablespace your had created?

alter user <youruser> default tablespace <tablespace_name> quota ... temporary tablespace temp;

you should never user system als default tablespace for non oracle default users

bernd