Simple Design help

Database design help
    I am not much of a database guy but I am trying to come up with a simple Access DB for a desktop support staff to be used for troubleshooting, and maintaning vendor, and inventory information, etc.

It will be the back-end for a simple intranet site. I would be greatful if someone that knows DB design and normalization fairly well is willing to take a look at my ER diagram. I have attached a .jpg of the diagram. I can also e-mail it to anyone that doesn't mind giving me feedback.

Thanks,

Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails er_diagram.jpg  

Re: Simple Design help

Originally posted by imscoop22
    Database design help
    I am not much of a database guy but I am trying to come up with a simple Access DB for a desktop support staff to be used for troubleshooting, and maintaning vendor, and inventory information, etc.

It will be the back-end for a simple intranet site. I would be greatful if someone that knows DB design and normalization fairly well is willing to take a look at my ER diagram. I have attached a .jpg of the diagram. I can also e-mail it to anyone that doesn't mind giving me feedback.

Thanks,

Scott
    If you don't know what you're doing, you should:

1. Get some books on database fundamentals. Better yet, invest in some classes.

2. Scale back your efforts. Pick one thing you want to do, e.g. I want to track vendors. Keep your efforts to one or two tables.

3. Then do plenty of user testing to make sure your efforts are resulting in something that's actually useful.