Unanswered: Sorting based on texfileds inside the report of 97

Hi,

I am getting a problem related to sorting. I have report which includes the event procedures.In side the "Detail_Format" procedure, i am getting the values from record set which is a result of query. After i got the values, i am doing some calculations and the results are assigned to different text fields of the report like below.

txtAverageDays = (NumberofDays / NumberHired)

Here, txtAverageDays is the textfield in the report which is of format general number. The rest(NumberofDays & NumberHired) are varibles of "Detail_Format" " SUB.

Now, i have incorporated the sorting logic in report Open procedure. I am trying to sort the report based on "txtAverageDays " textfield. But it is not getting sorted.

Do you people have any idea of the above problem/solution or anybody faced same kind of problem.

Looking for solution...

Thanks in Advance..

Re: Sorting based on texfileds inside the report of 97

Have tried using the expression (NumberofDays / NumberHired) directly in the Sorting and Grouping box?

Brian

Re: Sorting based on texfileds inside the report of 97

Originally posted by bri
    Have tried using the expression (NumberofDays / NumberHired) directly in the Sorting and Grouping box?

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for your input. NumberofDays & NumberHired are the varibales of Detail_format procedure and these will get re-initialized in loop.
    Because of the above reson, this won't work.

Any other inputs, WElcome....