Unanswered: Anyone know what causes this problem

sometimes when viewing a query in the datasheet mode i try to close it and get the message, "this will reset the code in break mode are you sure you wish to contine" or something simalar clicking on yes results in the warning appearing again, indefinetly and clicking on no just returns to the query that now throws this warning up every time i try to leave datasheet veiw ie quit or design view and the only way to get rid of this appears to be be killing the task (though this sometimes doesn't respond so i have to kill the msaccess process)

i'm running Windows 2000 and access 2000
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.

Smile

You may have a function in the query that is causing the problem. Sometimes custom functions will do this, or even built-in functions, if not used properly, can do this as well.

Look at each field in the query in design mode. Expand the colums to see everything. Recreate the query in a window below, adding one field at a time, until you find the problem field if it's not readily apparent.

Hope this helps,

Leah

affaid not as it isn't every time i do a query, plus the problem isn't assiated with any single query it can happern with the everything from the most simple select query to a very complex merging query i've created
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.