Unanswered: LINKING TABLES (need help right away plz)

I have one croostab query(YEAR_QUERY). which is getting the data from table called "YEAR_TABLE"

in that query im getting my column headings from YEAR_TABLE (lets say animal names)

There's another table called CODE_TABLE. In that table there's animal names and animal codes.

What I want to do is in my YEAR_QUERY I want my column headings to be animal codes instead of animal names.

So what I did was I added the table CODE_TABLE in my query. and linked the "animal_names" filed in "YEAR_TABLE" to "animal_names" field in "CODE_TABLE". So that It would only show the codes related to the animals in "YEAR_TABLE"

The problem now is that I am not getting the same totals. I am getting bigger totals.

Any Ideas??
    Thanks in Advance
    Deep

Have you linked the tables with a join???

Thanks for replying.

Yes I think I have. I double clicked on the linked line and "join properties" window appeared. From there I linked it

Originally posted by DeathWing
    Have you linked the tables with a join???
    Deep

is anyone going to help me with this?

ANYONE?? WHO CAN HELP ME WITH THIS???

Originally posted by Programmer
    Thanks for replying.

Yes I think I have. I double clicked on the linked line and "join properties" window appeared. From there I linked it
    Deep

Re: is anyone going to help me with this?

ANYONE HELPINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ME????????/

Originally posted by Programmer
    ANYONE?? WHO CAN HELP ME WITH THIS???
    Deep

I am not sure I understand

I would suggest that you create a query that joins YEAR_TABLE to CODE_TABLE and includes the information from YEAR_TABLE (without the animal names) and the animal codes.

Then base your crosstab query on your new query (say...YEAR_TABLE_CODE).

Other than that I would suggest being clearer in your post. It was difficult to understand what you were doing, and what you were trying to do (these are usually two different things when we are having trouble).