Cool Unanswered: Error row by row

I want to insert rows in one table(item) from another(xitem) and would like to check every row if it exist in table item or if the producer is missing in table producer or if there is a constraint violation or somthing else.
    For every row where i get an error i would like to update that row in table xitem in column 'error' with 'This item already exist' or 'Constraint violation' depending on what error i get.

Can someone help me please?

Arrow Re: Error row by row

RE:
    I want to insert rows in one table(item) from another(xitem) and would like to check every row if it exist in table item or if the producer is missing in table producer or if there is a constraint violation or somthing else. For every row where i get an error i would like to update that row in table xitem in column 'error' with 'This item already exist' or 'Constraint violation' depending on what error i get.

Q1 Can someone help me please?
    A1 The sorts of requirements you are describing are often handled by procedural code (generally implemented in triggers and stored procedures) that populate audit and / or error tables when "errors" or constraint violation updates, inserts, etc., are attempted. (This often can mean that your constraints will be executed more slowly than other types of constraint implementations would allow.)

Someone will probably help with detailed issues (if you post more detail that can be meaningfully analyzed).