Unanswered: DB2 Performance issue

Dear Friend -

We have 3 database servers named DEV, TST, PRD with front end developed in Java, J2EE, WebSphere 4.0 and currently have 82 users accessing the database. Both DEV and TST passed the Database and Application testing process and finally put in production and tested with 142 users. Then we found a strong performance degradation in the PRODUCTION site being the fact that all other parameters, network, O/S are same as DEV and TST. I am trying all the in-built DB2 tools (EXPLAIN, PM, SM, EM etc). Do you have any suggestion / tips on this?

Thanks for your help.
    Laca

Re: DB2 Performance issue

A number of sites face this problem .... The DEV and TEST are usually small databases ... As the PROD data volume grows, performance degrades ....

I don't say this IS your problem, but this could be your problem ....

Check your bufferpool hit ratio, sortheap, lockwaits etc .. and on the appl side check the SQL Access plans to see whether indexes will help ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by dbtwodba
    Dear Friend -

We have 3 database servers named DEV, TST, PRD with front end developed in Java, J2EE, WebSphere 4.0 and currently have 82 users accessing the database. Both DEV and TST passed the Database and Application testing process and finally put in production and tested with 142 users. Then we found a strong performance degradation in the PRODUCTION site being the fact that all other parameters, network, O/S are same as DEV and TST. I am trying all the in-built DB2 tools (EXPLAIN, PM, SM, EM etc). Do you have any suggestion / tips on this?

Thanks for your help.
    Laca

Make sure you also collect statistics on all your tables. RUN STATS...