Unanswered: Counting Records in Report

My report is based on query "qry_school_test_results". In my report, I have a page footer [SchoolName].

In my report page footer, I want to display the total number of records in the query that meet certain criteria.

e.i: count only records where field "Deficient" = English.

I cannot set criteria using COUNT function. The DCOUNT function is not appropriate because (even though I can set criteria) it counts all records in query, not just records belonging to [SchoolName].

Any suggestions???

set a variable = to the school name you are filtering on and then set a text box = "select count(*) from table_name where school_name = variable"
    Jim

Originally posted by JDionne
    set a variable = to the school name you are filtering on and then set a text box = "select count(*) from table_name where school_name = variable"
    Jim
    Thank you. Though, I don't understand how to implement your solution. Can you give me a basic example?

Alf

ok try this

you should have a text box with the school name it it. lets call that School_text

in the footer of the report add a text box lets call this rows_text

set the rows_tex box data source to
    = select count(*) from data_table where [data_table].[school] = school_text

that should make a dynamic query that will change every time the data in the school_text box changes.

Let me know
    Jim

After creating a text box SCHOOL_TEXT as a variable to store the school name, I was able to use that variable in the criteria part of the DCOUNT function.

Thanks for your expertise, worked great!

Alf

woohoo sounds wonderfull

Glad to help
    Jim