Unanswered: php mySQL flash interactivity

I'm trying to make a database with a flash front end that can be accessed on the internet. So the database was created in MS access, which was then converted to mySQL so it could be put on the internet. Flash uses PHP to talk to the SQL database and displays the returned results. But I have a few questions, being rather new to the whole thing:

1. how big should my mySQL file be? I used DB Converter (a shareware prog) that changed a 1MB access db into a 3K .sql file. Is that right?

2. do I need to upload the .mdb file as well as the .sql file?

3. where would I put the PHP file (ie in the database directory, in the root...?)?

Finally, one problem I'm having is that my boss just told me they need to be able to update prices for the products stored in the database at any time, fairly easily. Is there any way to easily modify the data and update the SQL file without too much hassle? MY boss isn't so technologically advanced...

Any help you've got would be awesome -- I'm sort of at a loss here.

The .sql file is just the raw SQL needed to create tables and populate the database. I think you may be getting a little confused here, although I'm no Flash expert. If you used to have an Access .mdb file storing the data for the Flash database, the equivalent is a MySQL server (the MySQL software and associated files that hold the tables and data: NOT the same as a .sql file).

If you need to update the values in the database, I'd suggest writing a PHP interface to the database with HTML forms to edit and update data.

Sort out the data first. If you're unsure as to the difference between an .mdb file (Access) a .sql file (raw SQL/DDL) and a MySQL server then speak to your database administrator and get them to explain it.