Question Unanswered: Help related to sorting a report

Hi,

I want to sort the report based on the value of the textfield present inside the report. I have defined the textfield format as General Number.
    I have defined that one in Sorting&GRouping properties of that report. But it is not getting sorted.
    Can anyone help regarding this one. Sorting the report based on the textfield of the report? What are the different ways for that?

Thanks..

Open your report in design view then select Sorting & Grouping from the View menu.

Originally posted by annsolomon
    Open your report in design view then select Sorting & Grouping from the View menu.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I have kept in sorting &grouping dialog. But it is not working...

Does you have any idea?

Sorting & Grouping

Maybe I'm not quite getting your question. Is the text box on your report bound to a table or query field that is also in a general number format? If the bound field (in the table or query) is actually a text field that could be causing your problem since text and numbers sort differently. I'm sure there a function you could use at the query or report level that would convert your text field to a number field so your report will sort the way you want. Sorry, but I don't know the function off the top of my head. Perhaps you could check the Help for "conversion" or browse through the functions in Help. Maybe someone more experienced than me will jump in here and help you out.

Best of luck!
    Ann