Question Unanswered: Help Related to sorting a MS-Access Report

Hi,

I want to sort the report based on the value of the textfield present inside the report. I have defined the textfield format as General Number.
    I have defined that one in Sorting&GRouping properties of that report. But it is not getting sorted.
    Can anyone help regarding this one. Sorting the report based on the textfield of the report? What are the different ways for that?

Thanks..

Re: Help Related to sorting a MS-Access Report

What is report based on. To successfully sort, you will need it based on a query that has all the fields for the report. Then within the query, sort that by the required field. Create the report based on this query, not the table (which is sorted by the record entry order)

Originally posted by sree1234
    Hi,

I want to sort the report based on the value of the textfield present inside the report. I have defined the textfield format as General Number.
    I have defined that one in Sorting&GRouping properties of that report. But it is not getting sorted.
    Can anyone help regarding this one. Sorting the report based on the textfield of the report? What are the different ways for that?

Thanks..