Unanswered: Unknown function 'Date$' in validation

Hi all,

I have read the previous area on this error but it did not help. So, want to reask it.

We converted a Access97 database to 2000. When I try to save a table definition, I get the error Unknown function 'Date$()' in validation expression or default value on 'Box Table. Date Box Created. This field is a date field that should default to today's date.

However, since conversion, I cannot get to work. One of my coworkers, who appears to have same version of MSaccess 2000 that I have, it works fine after she installed Disk 2. No go for me.

My search of MS Knowledge and others say this is a missing dll or reference. I opened up a blank module and clicked on References. I have one missing. Its the DAO 2.5/3.5 compatability file. How do I put this back and get this to work?

Thanks

Re: Unknown function 'Date$' in validation

If you are missing that file and by adding that file the problem will be solved

goto tools and references and then check "Microsoft DAO 2.5/3.5 compatability Library" and ok

it should fix ur problem

Originally posted by DcsoBob
    Hi all,

I have read the previous area on this error but it did not help. So, want to reask it.

We converted a Access97 database to 2000. When I try to save a table definition, I get the error Unknown function 'Date$()' in validation expression or default value on 'Box Table. Date Box Created. This field is a date field that should default to today's date.

However, since conversion, I cannot get to work. One of my coworkers, who appears to have same version of MSaccess 2000 that I have, it works fine after she installed Disk 2. No go for me.

My search of MS Knowledge and others say this is a missing dll or reference. I opened up a blank module and clicked on References. I have one missing. Its the DAO 2.5/3.5 compatability file. How do I put this back and get this to work?

Thanks
    Deep

Re: Unknown function 'Date$' in validation

well, I went and checked the "working machine" and the file dao2535.tlb was there, but not on mine. Copied it to my directory. Did a reference check and Viola! that reference is now found. My function now works.

Tks