Smile Unanswered: parameter passing with call_form

hello,
    I want to passing parameters from form A to form B and the two form are opened. when i give the controlle to the form B , a second mask with same names of the form B will opened.
    how can I avoid that? the call is with: call_form(child_name, no_hide, no_replace, no_query_only, pl_id); where kan i a found detailed documentation(link) over parameters passing in multiple form Application

Provided Answers: 1

Re: parameter passing with call_form

Originally posted by youssef
    hello,
    I want to passing parameters from form A to form B and the two form are opened. when i give the controlle to the form B , a second mask with same names of the form B will opened.
    how can I avoid that? the call is with: call_form(child_name, no_hide, no_replace, no_query_only, pl_id); where kan i a found detailed documentation(link) over parameters passing in multiple form Application
    I'm having trouble understanding your problem - I don't understand what it is you are trying to avoid.
    As far as documentation goes, I don't know of anything more than the on-line help that comes with Forms Builder. However, you could try looking here:
    http://otn.oracle.com/products/forms/content.html

Cool

To do that you have to create a parameter list, populate it with values from the first form, and then calling the second form to pass this parameter list to the second form.

On the second form you have to create this Parameter List with its fields. They will be populated when the second form is called. Then just refer them in your code.

Passing the parameters is done in the CALL_FORM(), eg.

Call_Form('form_name',No_Hide,No_replace,No_Query_ Only,Share_Library_Data,parameter_list);

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP - DBA

Red face

Ohhh, forgot the second part of your question. Oracle Forms on-line help explains Parameter List and hane examples how to use it.

Sorry about the duplicate posts.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP - DBA