Question Unanswered: Restoring one tablespace

Heys

Im running DB2 UDB version 7.2 on AIX version 4.3.3.

I Have a full backup and I need to restore ONLY one tablespace, due to an accidental drop, and when I try to restore that one tablespace I get the following message:

SQL2549N The database was not restored because either all of the table spaces in the backup image are inaccessible, or one or more table space names in list of table space names to restore are invalid.

The command Im trying is:
    "RESTORE DATABASE PRODCA TABLESPACE ( TBSD040 ) FROM /db/prodca TAKEN AT 20021126111108 WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024 WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD WITHOUT PROMPTING"

On the other hand, if I try the full restore, Im able to recover the data from the Backup for that tablespace, using the Version Recovery, but when in the production environment, its impossible to stop the whole DB to recover that Tablespace.

Is there anything I can do to work that out??

Thanks

Fernando.

I don't think it's possible

You can restore a table space only if the table space currently exists, and if it is the same table space; "same" means that the table space was not dropped and then recreated between the backup and the restore operation.

Anyway, let's see what other members think.

Regards,
    Oliver

Thumbs up

Thanks Oliver,

I thought so, but I needed to be sure.
    Fernando