Question Unanswered: Access 2000 chart random results

I am getting random results from a chart that I included in a report. The source data comes from a query which uses criteria from a popup form.

The results from the query seem to be stable. It seems as though the grouping to the chart is going haywire at times. The results on the chart iis correct the one moment and the next (totally random) I get the wrong data in the graph being displayed against the group.

Is this a bug or can someone give me advice as to what I might be doing wrong please.

I can send you a sample of the database if need to.

Please help.

Pietv,

I get this same problem when trying to print Chemical Time Series for clients.

I found that it has something to do with version of Microsoft Graph installed AND/OR hardware.

At work, I have a standard workstation... 8 meg video card, 256 ram, pentium 3... and I will get different results... It will sometimes not graph at all, or copy 1 graph 3 times. It is really weird.

My solution was to print on a beefier workstation and this seemed to fix everything. What are your system specs?

Thumbs up

I have had this problem. It is a BUG in MSGraph. you will also find, that when you switch between design view and print preview more than once, sometimes you get the correct result.

What may fix your problem is a quick property setting on the graph control, called "update options". The default is set to automatic. Change it to manual. This has worked for me in the past.

Give it a try it may help

Originally posted by point
    Pietv,

I get this same problem when trying to print Chemical Time Series for clients.

I found that it has something to do with version of Microsoft Graph installed AND/OR hardware.

At work, I have a standard workstation... 8 meg video card, 256 ram, pentium 3... and I will get different results... It will sometimes not graph at all, or copy 1 graph 3 times. It is really weird.

My solution was to print on a beefier workstation and this seemed to fix everything. What are your system specs?
    Hi
    I really appreciated the fact that you have come back to me. In the mean
    time I got some info from Microsoft as well. I still have to try it however.

It might help if you know what they propose. Go to their Knowledge Base
    Article - 318079 and just read it. They claim it is a timing problem with XP and 2000. Maybe it works. I will also try your
    solution.

Thanks again.

Regards
    Piet