Unanswered: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL0518N -- help is appreciated

I have been investigating the following issue and I would like some input: Thanks in advance.

The actual Exception is : COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL0518N The statement named in the EXECUTE statement is not in a prepared state or is a SELECT or VALUES statement. SQLSTATE=07003

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL0518N The statement named in the EXECUTE statement is not in a prepared state or is a SELECT or VALUES statement. SQLSTATE=07003

at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:264)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:207)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_r eturn_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:446)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.execute2 (DB2PreparedStatement.java:1873)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.executeU pdate(DB2PreparedStatement.java:1435)
    at weblogic.jdbc20.pool.PreparedStatement.executeUpda te(PreparedStatement.java:47)
    at weblogic.jdbc20.rmi.internal.PreparedStatementImpl .executeUpdate(PreparedStatementImpl.java:54)
    at weblogic.jdbc20.rmi.SerialPreparedStatement.execut eUpdate(SerialPreparedStatement.java:55)

Re: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL0518N -- help is appreciated

Originally posted by maabed
    I have been investigating the following issue and I would like some input: Thanks in advance.

The actual Exception is : COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL0518N The statement named in the EXECUTE statement is not in a prepared state or is a SELECT or VALUES statement. SQLSTATE=07003

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL0518N The statement named in the EXECUTE statement is not in a prepared state or is a SELECT or VALUES statement. SQLSTATE=07003

at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:264)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:207)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_r eturn_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:446)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.execute2 (DB2PreparedStatement.java:1873)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.executeU pdate(DB2PreparedStatement.java:1435)
    at weblogic.jdbc20.pool.PreparedStatement.executeUpda te(PreparedStatement.java:47)
    at weblogic.jdbc20.rmi.internal.PreparedStatementImpl .executeUpdate(PreparedStatementImpl.java:54)
    at weblogic.jdbc20.rmi.SerialPreparedStatement.execut eUpdate(SerialPreparedStatement.java:55)
    can you post the select statement, this happened to me on a Select statement and a timestamp operation, I had to cast the result of the
    ? variable

marcos oliva

We have found that the root cause to the issue COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] QL0518N

is the rebining of the package SQLLF000. Running the DB2 event trace was key.