Question Unanswered: max amount of concurrent users?

Hello everyone,

I have a question related to the max amount of concurrent users that is safe on a MsAccess 2000 Database. I heard someone say that 100 concurrent users is the max that you should ever want or else... etc.. and Microsoft claims 255 users is doable.

The reason why I ask is of the internetgame I created which has peaks where there are over 100 concurrent users. The current main database explodes from 3mb (compact and repaired) within a couple of minutes to (for instance) 14mb. The size doesn't grow any further unless new accounts are created. (There are no insert statements only data manipulations.)

It looks like the everything is going fine so far, all connections are nicely closed and there is no noticeable data locking. (I devided the current database over 10 different databases which can be used independant.)

The second question related with the max concurrent users is.. when should one start to upgrade the current database system to, for instance, MySql and what can ppl recommend.

I expect the game to grow each month with 10 - 20 concurrent users when peaking.

Thanx in advance

Werner.
    Never try to beat your oponent. Let your oponent try to beat you.

In addition. Regarding the size. I placed a database repair / compact function online to lower the db size.. (was grown to 20 mb) And I was wondering if this compact of the database could cause the database to become non responsive to database connections over the web.

I noticed that whenever the database is compacted while users actually get data from it, the database will go corrupt regarding connections.

I use the following code..

objJet.CompactDatabase "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " &_
    "Data Source=" & f & ";", _
    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " &_
    "Data Source=" & f_New & ";"

Thanx in advance for replies on this subject...
    Never try to beat your oponent. Let your oponent try to beat you.