Unanswered: CursorFetch Error on SQL 6.5

I am running a Delphi 4 application with a SQL 6.5 database (the client hasn't realised that technology has moved forward) and just recently I keep getting the following error message

Cursorfetch: The number of variables declared in the INTO list must match that of selected columns.

It is never in the same place and I have checked everything and nothing has changed and the system has been running fine until recently. Does anyone now if this is a coding or a SQL problem.

Thanks.

Re: CursorFetch Error on SQL 6.5

I can't directly address your issue but I do recall having issues attempting to develop some procs using cursors on 6.5 a few years ago that were addressed in subsequent service packs. You might want to check the 6.5 service pack notes and look into what pack they are running and why. (I would be cautious applying service packs though, some of them caused unexpected changes in applications.)

Re: CursorFetch Error on SQL 6.5

Originally posted by DBA
    I can't directly address your issue but I do recall having issues attempting to develop some procs using cursors on 6.5 a few years ago that were addressed in subsequent service packs. You might want to check the 6.5 service pack notes and look into what pack they are running and why. (I would be cautious applying service packs though, some of them caused unexpected changes in applications.)
    Thanks for the info, funny enough I had to install the latest service pack a few months ago because of a bug (that the SQL team had fixed in the latest service pack) and I don't think there were any CursorFetch problems before then.

If I installed Service Pack 5a but not for example 2,3,4 etc would the fixes from 2,3,4 automatically be included in the 5a, or would I still have to install/run the others to get their fixes?

Question Re: CursorFetch Error on SQL 6.5

I think 5a rolls up the others; but I'm not 100% sure. I don't know if these (links) were the exactly the bugs that had caused me trouble then or not (It was over six years ago; and I had implemented different approaches - not involving cursors - before most of the 6.5 service packs came out.):

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q155220

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q235476
    Last edited by DBA; 11-28-02 at 13:19.

In your case the service packs are cumlative - so the answer is yes, the fixes are automatically included.