Thread: Informix & ODBC

Unhappy Unanswered: Informix & ODBC

Hi there, sorry if this one is posted in the wrong area

At work we use the following installation
    Informix 7.X runing on RS/6000 AIX 4.X
    Informix is accessed through ODBC clients.

The problem is this:
    For example the user pasword expires, or the account is locked, etc.
    Despite of these restrictions, the user can log in perfectly through the ODBC interface and access the data

the only way to lock an account is changing the password

The question is:
    How the hell can we make ODBC NOT to override the restrictions on users accounts ???

This imposes lot of work an mainly, a security threat.

Any advice is really appreciated. Thanx a lot

How/what level are you applying these restrictions (database, application) ? and how does the application that is using the odbc connections integrate restriction checking ?

Re: Informix & ODBC

I am trying to import some data into sql server from unidata rdbms on a unix machine. Can you pass on some info of how to do this one.
    Please

I was trying to connect to unidata rdbms by using unidata odbc driver but for some reason this driver is not able to recognize sql complaint unidata tables.
    Please throw some light on this

Thank You
    Krishna

Did you receive an error ? Have you tried the oledb provider for unidata ?

Yes, examine the following link:

link

oledb provider

is there an oledb provider for unidata to import data into sql server or to get data into front end as we have an implementation called colleague in our school which has all the info like student records , employee info and etc. Please help me out with some info
    Thank you very much

oledb provider

i guess we are not using unidata 6.1 version
    we have an implementation called colleague in our school which has all the info like student records , employee info and etc. Please help me out with some info.
    when i went into datatel website what it tells is to buy safari odbc driver and safari reporting tool but our school wants to use crystal reports as it is cheap.

Which version are you using ? What needs to be imported into sql server ? Is it 1 table or many tables ? Which columns will be imported ?

oledb provider

we used visual schema generator to convert one of the unidata table into sql complaint table and we used unidata odbc driver to connect to sql complaint table from crystal reports and for some reason this driver is not able to recognize sql complaint table ,

the other way we wanted to do is to import data into sql server and then connect to sql server from crystal reports , can u share some info on how to get the data into sql server from unidata rdbms.

we have unidata on an unix machine.

I am not sure of the unidata version i believe it is old even before ibm has taken over unidata.

Since you don't know the version of unidata - you can export the data into a delimited format and import that into sql server.