Question Unanswered: Linking DOS Data with Table

I have a little problem. At work I have been tasked with the job of analyizing Customer orders. In order to make my job a little easier I want to use Access but the data is available through a DOS Gateway and the only way I can get the data into a database is to copy and paste each DOS Screen into a table. We are talking thousands of records that I currently have to manually copy into my database. No you are wondering why don't I ask my MIS Department to download the information onto a CD but they told me that "it can't be Done on a regular basis, only for special requests!". I am not going to win this battle so I need a "work around to my problem so that I can link to this data some how using Macros or V.B.

Thank you in advance,

Last edited by Chumpie999typla; 12-02-02 at 20:20.

San Francisco

Re: Linking DOS Data with Table

there is a special software for converting reports to tabular data - it is not cheap ($400), but it is awesome.

it' scalled Monarch, I guess you could use some MACRO software and automatically copy-paste screens to separate text files, then you can join those text files and use Monarch to extract specific pieces from screens to table....