Unanswered: help needed with merging identical tables

Hello,

I could some help please. I have two tables that each hold an id number (a 6 digit pin). The two table are created based up several queries and queries of queries and the result is these two table that have identical types of data that need to be joined into one result set with pin and name. I would like to use something to join to the two together (besides exporting them as text files, concatenating them together and then re importing since my data changes from week to week). Problem is, my result set should be under 300 and I am getting 9076 + results in my attempt to join the two tables (and I don't mean inner, out or left join just a merge of the two bits of data

These are the resulting tables that need to be merged:
    tblNewVisits
    pin number
    provider text

tblReVisits
    pin number
    provider text

Maybe I am 'just having a Monday' since I having being doing db development for about 4 years now (primarily for the web though so this whole Access forms and reports thing is new to me) but I can't figure out how to join the two with a form, or a report, or a query. Any advise?

btw: using Access 2000

Joyce E. Evans

Re: help needed with merging identical tables

Have you tried a union query?

SELECT pin, provider FROM tblNewVisits
    UNION
    SELECT pin, provider FROM tblReVisits

Brian

Re: help needed with merging identical tables

Originally posted by bri
    Have you tried a union query?

SELECT pin, provider FROM tblNewVisits
    UNION
    SELECT pin, provider FROM tblReVisits

Brian
    It has been years since I had to use one of those and probably the reason I didn't think of itbut I knew there was a way to do it.
    THANK YOU!!

Joyce