Unanswered: Partly Data Migrating

Hello,
    I'm a db2 administration, I'm using DB2 v7.1 on AIX, I need
    to export a partly (NOT WHOLE) database (with everything included DDL and data, ... ) to a PCSERVER.
    (with windows 2000 and db2 v7.1 installed )
    for testing
    I can generate a DDL file ,but I donot know how to get partly data from AIX TO PCSERVER.
    THE database include 400 tables
    (FOR EXAMPLE,ONE TABLE INCLUDE 10 ROWS,I ONLY WANT TO 3 ROWS,I CAN USE SELECT , BUT I DONOT KNOW HOW TO SELECT the other tables related to the first table and keep the data integrity IN PCSERVER!)
    please can anybody help ! pleaaaaaase

Thanks

Re: Partly Data Migrating

HI,

You can use the where clause in the select query of the export utility of DB2. Here you have to specify the select critiria for each table.

Here you have to ensure the data integrity, as while importing data on the PCserver you have to drop the constraint and then load/import the data into the DB2 tables.

regards

Ashtyu

Originally posted by shangqian
    Hello,
    to export a partly (NOT WHOLE) database (with everything included DDL and data, ... ) to a PCSERVER.
    for testing
    I can generate a DDL file ,but I donot know how to get partly data from AIX TO PCSERVER.
    (FOR EXAMPLE,ONE TABLE INCLUDE 10 ROWS,I ONLY WANT TO 3 ROWS,I CAN USE SELECT , BUT I DONOT KNOW HOW TO SELECT the other tables related to the first table and keep the data integrity IN PCSERVER!)

Thanks

Hey,

About the DDL of the table, you can export the data using the IXF and then import/load using the parameter CREATE INTO.

Be careful when using LOAD, because it can place your DB in a pending state if Forward Recovery is enabled (Logretain and/or UserExit = on). And as you want to ensure data integrity, I suggest you use IMPORT.

For further info on each statement above, try looking at the Data Movement Utilities Guide and Reference. There you´ll find a whole list of parameter and retrictions.

Fernando.

Hello,
    for testing

Thanks

Export only the required rows by using the primary key in the search condition and export all rows of the child tables. IMPORT/LOAD all of them into the database ... The referential constraint on the tables will take care of the rest ...

Yeh ... I agree, it is not the right approach ... but in the middle of my vacation, my brain refuses to think more than this .... Apologies ..

Cheers

Sathyaram

Hello,
    for testing

Thanks

is there DB2LOOK in AIX ?

Export and Import using IXF format will not keep RI.

If there is DB2LOOK in AIX, then :

I suggest you first extract DDL using DB2LOOK.
    Create a new DB in windows.
    Connect to the new DB.
    Run the the script (from DB2LOOK) to create the tables.

As for the records, like Sathyaram_S suggested, export the records you want from the Parent tables and all records from Dependent tables then either :

Import the parent then Import the Dependent and let import remove invalid records
    Load all these tables then set integrity to remove invalid records

HTH,
    Oliver