Unanswered: Generating DDL's

You know how one can right click on an object in Sybase Central and generate DDL's? ......well I have to Databases on 2 diff servers. This functionality works on one but not on the other, is there a setting that allows one to generat DDL's in the Sybase Central console?

Re: Generating DDL's

You know how one can right click on an object in Sybase Central and generate DDL's? ......well I have to Databases on 2 diff servers. This functionality works on one but not on the other,

Does it not work? Or does it take a looooong time?
    Generating DDLs with Sybase Central can take a very long time (several hours) when the table/database is large.

is there a setting that allows one to generat DDL's in the Sybase Central console?

None that I know of.

But there are several other possibilities:
    - dbschema.pl (www.midsomer.org)
    - store procedures by Simon Walker (they are out of development and the website is no longer active, I can send you a copy)
    - ddlgen (a commandline tool, I haven't tested)

"Does it not work? Or does it take a looooong time?
    Generating DDLs with Sybase Central can take a very long time (several hours) when the table/database is large."

Well for one database it takes like miniseconds, the other one just sits and hangs and spins doing nothing (I've let it sit for an hour before and nothing happens and this was for a small table.

Well for one database it takes like miniseconds, the other one just sits and hangs and spins doing nothing (I've let it sit for an hour before and nothing happens and this was for a small table.

I have experienced similar things. Either give it more time or use one of the other methods.