Unanswered: ASE ODBC problem when doing DUMP/RESTORE via VB

I've written a housekeeping app in VB which does a DUMP of a specified database via ODBC. It works fine with a Sybase System 11 ODBC driver and all lines of the DUMP output are properly placed into the AdoErr.Description string... for example:

[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Backup Server session id is: 98. Use this value when executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup Server.
    [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Backup Server: 6.28.1.1: Dumpfile name 'RDYTOBK001190DA58' section number 0001 mounted on disk file 'D:\RDY9999.DAT'
    [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Backup Server: 4.58.1.1: Database RDYTOBK: 1634 kilobytes DUMPed.
    [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Backup Server: 4.58.1.1: Database RDYTOBK: 1806 kilobytes DUMPed.
    (etc...)
    [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Backup Server: 3.42.1.1: DUMP is complete (database RDYTOBK).

However when I run the same app calling a Sybase ASE 12.0 ODBC driver the DUMP starts, only the first two lines of output are placed into AdoErr.Description and the DUMP aborts at that point... for example:

[MERANT][ODBC Sybase driver][SQL Server]Backup Server session id is: 92. Use this value when executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup Server.
    [MERANT][ODBC Sybase driver][SQL Server]Backup Server: 6.28.1.1: Dumpfile name 'RDYTOBK001190D972' section number 0001 mounted on disk file 'D:\RDY9999.DAT'

I have tried various connection strings with the same results. An example connection string is:

slogon = "Driver={SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver}" & _
    ";Srvr=" & sServer & _
    ";Uid=" & sProdUid & _
    ";Pwd=" & sProdPwd

Does anyone know how to get it working with the ASE driver, or why the problem is happening?

Does the dump actually occur and the error string is just not being set? Or does the dump terminate? If so, look in the ASE error log to see what is going on.
    Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for replying.

The dump actually occurs although it's always 8 bytes smaller than a dump which is done manually. There is nothing in the errorlog which points to a problem but, interestingly, in the backup log the last five lines of output do not get listed... e.g.:
    Dump phase number 1 completed.
    Dump phase number 2 completed.
    Dump phase number 3 completed.
    Database rdytobk: nnnnn kilobytes DUMPed.
    DUMP is complete (database rdytobk).

A difference between the backup log listing and the error string is that the error string shows ONLY the first two lines of output (shown in my previous message) while the backup log still lists the various progressive dump messages... e.g.:
    Database rdytobk: 606 kilobytes DUMPed.
    Database rdytobk: 776 kilobytes DUMPed.
    etc.

Are there perhaps any special parameters that need to be in the connection string or connection object to interact correctly with the Backup Server?

Update:

I'm now trying the ASE 12.5 ODBC driver instead of 12.0.
    When doing a dump via my VB application the backup log is now showing all output lines as it should, but the errors collection in VB is still only capturing the first two lines of output.

The reason why I'm trying to get all of the output lines into the errors collection is that I do a search through it for the substring "DUMP is complete" to determine if the dump was successful.
    If I can't resolve the problem with the number of output lines captured in the errors collection, is there any other easy way from within VB that I could determine whether the dump completed successfully?