Thread: to sathyaram_s

Red face Unanswered: to sathyaram_s some help please

Hi!
    I am new to your forum but I've been on it for the past 3 weeks as a (new...) problem has been submitted to me recently; I've read your chat with mkrijt refering to a sample database.

This is exactly the issue I am facing now...
    The problem is that I've been asked to replace an old olivetti that was running NTserver4.0, DB2 5.0 with a newer serveur, Poweredge type for a futur grown.

This Olivetti is interfacing with OS390 in a TWOPHASE COMMIT and TM_Database

I reinstalled all the software package onto the new server: no problem with that, CS worked like a charm, and having the SYSCTRL rights in our environnements I was able to bind all the packages onto this new server. Remember that I have still the old DB2Connect server running....

My next step is to test all this: no problem! Perfect I then remove the Ethernet cables from the old server, the Olivetti and wait for the users to test their apps: nothing is working!

So I reconnect the DB2Connect Olivetti, I make sure the node is not running, I even deactivate the NIC card runnning the DLC and LLC2 protocols, all this to make sure that the users will pass by the new server, but for an unknown reason, since they still need the old server I hope this will go through: It does!!

After long investigation I realise that the workstations are running an application coded UNIFACE, and that they have a DB2 client local, and that everytime they use their apps, they make 2 requests:

1- to the new server to connect to the os390
    2- to the old server Olivetti for the tm_database and SPM

Unfortuneatly I do not have ny support from IBM due to the version of DB2Connect that we are running, and I wished to learn it!

Here's where I am:

- no database are created on the new server
    - I am unable to create a sample database on the new server

Then,
    I am wondering how can I do to "catalog" this tm_database onto the new server and the workstations.

In your chat with mkrijt, you mentionned to use the db2sampl command, however when I try to use it in the CLP, I get an error like:

db2 => db2sampl d:\sqllib
    DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a
    valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned:
    SQL1024N A database connection does not exist. SQLSTATE=08003

Somewhere else I also read that I have to make sure that the db2sampl is in my path???

Hope this was clear enough, and that you or anyone will be able to provide me with some help in this situation...

thanks in advance
    flow
    Last edited by flow; 12-05-02 at 13:26.

db2sampl is a OS command, ie , it has to be run from a Command Prompt ...

If the DB2 installation has gone through properly, the PATH variable would have been set .... Just issue db2sampl from the C:> and you should it working ...

Well, Catalog commands, please refer to the relevent quick beginnings ... (sorry, I don't have any local copy of the manuals) ... You might need to do a catalog node and then a catalog database ....
    Or to make things easy, use Command Centre or Client Config Assistant ...

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sathyaram

PS : Please do not address your post to a particular person ... There are lots of people using this forum who will be willing to help you ...

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    db2sampl is a OS command, ie , it has to be run from a Command Prompt ...

If the DB2 installation has gone through properly, the PATH variable would have been set .... Just issue db2sampl from the C:> and you should it working ...

Well, Catalog commands, please refer to the relevent quick beginnings ... (sorry, I don't have any local copy of the manuals) ... You might need to do a catalog node and then a catalog database ....
    Or to make things easy, use Command Centre or Client Config Assistant ...

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sathyaram

PS : Please do not address your post to a particular person ... There are lots of people using this forum who will be willing to help you ...

Sathyaram,
    Sorry for addressing this question to a single user, and thank you for clearifying this situation. I am today performing tests and installation, I'll keep the forum posted
    Thank you again very much

Cheers
    Flow