Unanswered: Report Calling Form (or supposed to anyway)

I have searched the archives for a similar problem but was not able to locate one.

I am trying to have a report (Money) call a form (Money range) and use the Minimum and Maximum fields of the form as criteria for my report. Currently form Money Range opens with the report but the report also opens a window titled "Enter Parameter Value". This window requests "Forms!Select Money Range!Minimum" and then "Forms!Select Money Range!Maximum". The query in my Money report uses this line as criteria: >=[Forms]![Select Money Range]![Minimum] And <=[Forms]![ Select Money Range]![Maximum].

How can I get the report to only use the form I created? I would also like the form to close after the values are entered and the "Preview Report" button is pressed.

This is my first post and I am a rookie with Access. So, if I have not posted enough info or posted too much info just let me know.

thanks

Re: Report Calling Form (or supposed to anyway)

This happening because the load of the report is before the form, therefore the minimum and maximum fields are not in memory yet and cannot be seen by the report.

I would suggest that you open the form (without the report) and use the preview button on the form to open the report, then close the form.

I have attached a db with a simple solution.

Originally posted by yaheardme
    I have searched the archives for a similar problem but was not able to locate one.

I am trying to have a report (Money) call a form (Money range) and use the Minimum and Maximum fields of the form as criteria for my report. Currently form Money Range opens with the report but the report also opens a window titled "Enter Parameter Value". This window requests "Forms!Select Money Range!Minimum" and then "Forms!Select Money Range!Maximum". The query in my Money report uses this line as criteria: >=[Forms]![Select Money Range]![Minimum] And <=[Forms]![ Select Money Range]![Maximum].

How can I get the report to only use the form I created? I would also like the form to close after the values are entered and the "Preview Report" button is pressed.

This is my first post and I am a rookie with Access. So, if I have not posted enough info or posted too much info just let me know.

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Mona. I was trying to save myself from creating the same form multiple times because I will need a Min \ Max form for multiple reports. I figured I could create the form once and have it called by multiple reports. Your sample DB was helpful and I decided to create multiple forms using your recommendation.

Originally posted by mona
    This happening because the load of the report is before the form, therefore the minimum and maximum fields are not in memory yet and cannot be seen by the report.

I would suggest that you open the form (without the report) and use the preview button on the form to open the report, then close the form.

I have attached a db with a simple solution.

Dont need too .... hope I am not toooooo late .... just add another combobox that will allow them to select report first .....

Here is the sample ....

Originally posted by yaheardme
    Thanks Mona. I was trying to save myself from creating the same form multiple times because I will need a Min \ Max form for multiple reports. I figured I could create the form once and have it called by multiple reports. Your sample DB was helpful and I decided to create multiple forms using your recommendation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cannot open files

Hey Mona,

What do you think is stopping me from opening any of the db's that get posted in the forums....Says I need to make sure I am joined to the workgroup. Says the current user account doesnt have permission to convert or enable this database. I have a custom workgroup file on my computer that asks me for an administrative password everytime I open access....which is a pain in the rear.....(cant figure out how to revert back to the default system workgroup file) but anyway, what do you think is causing this error of not being able to view the dbs?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot open files

Yeah,

That would most certainly cause issues with opening databases .... you may find that some databases that you are trying to open may belong to different workgroups .... If I got the exact message, I would be able to walk you through the opening of the db's ... unless they themselves are password protected ...

Originally posted by jmonroe
    Hey Mona,

What do you think is stopping me from opening any of the db's that get posted in the forums....Says I need to make sure I am joined to the workgroup. Says the current user account doesnt have permission to convert or enable this database. I have a custom workgroup file on my computer that asks me for an administrative password everytime I open access....which is a pain in the rear.....(cant figure out how to revert back to the default system workgroup file) but anyway, what do you think is causing this error of not being able to view the dbs?

Thanks in advance.
    Mona