Question Unanswered: Problem with list

I made combo box with value list based on another combo box
    the first combo for "states" and the other combo box for "Cities" so if u choose a state the other combo will reveal a list of cities i this state,
    I have one problem is that if I select for e.g Nebraska and Omaha rom the [citycbo], then I go back to change the state in the same record e.g to Missoury the [citycbo] although the list is updated yet it retains the previous value which is Omaha
    I want to correct this so if i Change the state it automatically refresh the [citycbo]and remove the previous value and set focus to it
    Thanks in advance for your help

Maybe,

private sub citycbo_afterupdate()
    call yourVBAcode 'To fill the listbox
    end sub

Re: Problem with list

The VBA code that you need is

private sub statecbo_afterupdate()
    citycbo.Requery
    citycbo.value = ""
    End Sub

of if you want it to display the first city after the state is selected replace
    citycbo.value = ""
    with
    citycbo.value = citycbo.column(0,0)

Hope this helps ...

Originally posted by mselima
    I made combo box with value list based on another combo box
    the first combo for "states" and the other combo box for "Cities" so if u choose a state the other combo will reveal a list of cities i this state,
    I have one problem is that if I select for e.g Nebraska and Omaha rom the [citycbo], then I go back to change the state in the same record e.g to Missoury the [citycbo] although the list is updated yet it retains the previous value which is Omaha
    I want to correct this so if i Change the state it automatically refresh the [citycbo]and remove the previous value and set focus to it
    Thanks in advance for your help