What is a good tool for database design?

I am currently designing my high-school web site that will be implemented through PHP 4.0 (with gzip compression, LDAP, etc. . .) and Sybase's SQL server (and MySQL temporarily to get vBulletin working out for our developer discussion). We will have it link with Blackbaud, our school's grading, attendance, and central-command center to link with our "group" pages.

In order to do all this design, what is a good tool for designing a SQL database? I am interested in Sybase PowerDesigner--if there are any testimonials of it, please post. I am eager to document this site well and I need to find a good tool quickly (and use some of my school's funds ).

I'm sure MattR will be able to give you plenty of info on this and anything else about Sybase.

Personally I use Oracle Designer and Erwin, not because they're the best, but because my work already had licenses for them long before I showed up.

I don't use anything special nor have I found a need for it; I use isql to run queries and such and if I want something graphical I use Sybase Central. I have no experience with PowerDesigner but I'll see if there's something I can find about it online for ya.
    Thanks,

Matt

Try ER Studio 5.0 from Embarcadero. It supports a whole lot of platforms and works really fine. You can download a free version at their site www.embarcadero.com