Unhappy Unanswered: MSAccess Update queries..how to in MSSQL Server

converting an MSAccess DB to MSSQL Server 2000 and i need to run a few update queries on the data from within MSSQL Server 2000. How would i do this?

Thanks
    Sammy

You can use the "upsizing wizard" to convert an access database to sql server. Once it has been converted, you can run update statements through a user interface called "query analyzer" or "enterprise manager" - query analyzer is preferred. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Hi
    Think i have had the same problem as you are having. I found this web page which has been the most helpful up to now but im finding i have to get snippets of info here here and everywhere! seems to be coming along nicely now, so keep Persevering
    Anyways heres the web link hope it helps:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql7/html/access2sql.asp

Still having a problem

simple Update statements seem to work fine within the Query Analyzer, but it doesn't seems to work when using INNER JOIN's to relate 2 tables. Is there something i'm over looking?

Shoq us the SQL

Hi,

Can you post the SQL that you are using so we can see what you are trying to do? A CREATE statement for your two tables, and INSERT statement for them, and the INNER JOIN that you are trying to do would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

Tables are already in MSSQL Server 2000, just trying to update some data, here is one of the Update Queries i am attempting to run

UPDATE tblDistribution INNER JOIN qryPatternColorFID ON (tblDistribution.StyleNo = qryPatternColorFID.StyleNo) AND (tblDistribution.Pattern = qryPatternColorFID.Pattern) AND (tblDistribution.Color = qryPatternColorFID.Color) SET tblDistribution.patternColorFID = qryPatternColorFID.patterncolorid;

thanks for your time
    Sammy

What is the error you receive ? Have you tried the update without the inner join - doing an old sql syntax with a where clause instead ?