Unanswered: Converting Access queries to mySQL

Has anyone done this? I have a database app I'm moving over to mySQL in order to use Castor JDO libraries (Java XML to DB mapping). Problem is Castor JDO doesn't support Access. In my code I access queries stored in Access just as I would a table. I haven't figured out if a stored query is possible in mySQL, or if so, how to implement it.

My current workaround will be to create a table as "Create table new_table as (Select ..[query stuff will go here]). I think this will work but I will have to modify the SQL code in my app, which I would rather not do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You cannot have stored queries (views) in mySQL.

I wouldn't populate my new mySQL tables with your query results. I would just drop the SQL for the query into my application code.

As frog says, you'll need to drop the SQL into your client code.

Don't underestimate the size of the job. I converted my databases a while ago. Almost every query needed reworking due to subtle differences in the SQL syntax allowed.

Originally posted by kineticfrog
    You cannot have stored queries (views) in mySQL.

I wouldn't populate my new mySQL tables with your query results. I would just drop the SQL for the query into my application code.
    Thanks, based on what I've read this seems to be the general consensus. Get I need to roll up the sleeves and get going!