Unanswered: SQLLoader Problem

Hello!

I am having a problem with SQLLDR. I am loading from a Comma Delimited file which includes null values. The null values are simply left blank so sometimes there are multiple commas in a row denoting "null" for the blank entries.

This has not caused a problem except for the rows that END with a null value. The row ends like this: "...3500,4200, " with a comma at the end. This should denote the last value as "null" but instead every row like this is considered in error and goes to the ".bad" file.

Why is it doing this?

Thanks for the help!

Provided Answers: 1

Re: SQLLoader Problem

Originally posted by johnp
    Hello!

I am having a problem with SQLLDR. I am loading from a Comma Delimited file which includes null values. The null values are simply left blank so sometimes there are multiple commas in a row denoting "null" for the blank entries.

This has not caused a problem except for the rows that END with a null value. The row ends like this: "...3500,4200, " with a comma at the end. This should denote the last value as "null" but instead every row like this is considered in error and goes to the ".bad" file.

Why is it doing this?

Thanks for the help!
    I believe you may need to add "TRAILING NULLCOLS" to your control file to handle these.