Unanswered: Date Picker problems!

Here's the deal. I made an access application that used the Date Picker drop down calendar on a form to select the desired date. It works perfectly on my computer, but when I send the database to another person with the same setup as me (Win2k and Access 2k) the Date Picker fields do not work on his form. What is the reason for this?

I greatly appreciate any help!

Re: Date Picker problems!

Is the datepicker an ActiveX contol? if so is it regeistered on the offending machine?

Brian

Originally posted by bri
    Is the datepicker an ActiveX contol? if so is it regeistered on the offending machine?

Brian
    Yes, it is an ActiveX control. Is there any way I can get it to automatically register on the users machine?

How did you get the datepicker installed on your computer? Did it come with Office XP or some other app?

You would need to figure out what it takes to install (dll files and registry settings) and then put that into some type of installer routine.

Brian

Is it the calender control that you are using. easiest way is to winzip this file using a full version of winzip and create a self extracting file that adds it to the individual machine.

You will also have to write a small amount of vba to register it .... I have it somewhere .... I might be able to dig it up ... no promises as I am about to go on a holiday ... I will try however ...

Originally posted by bri
    How did you get the datepicker installed on your computer? Did it come with Office XP or some other app?

You would need to figure out what it takes to install (dll files and registry settings) and then put that into some type of installer routine.

Brian
    Mona

I'd GREATLY appreciate it if you found this. Thanks so much.

Originally posted by mona
    Is it the calender control that you are using. easiest way is to winzip this file using a full version of winzip and create a self extracting file that adds it to the individual machine.

You will also have to write a small amount of vba to register it .... I have it somewhere .... I might be able to dig it up ... no promises as I am about to go on a holiday ... I will try however ...