Unanswered: Printing certain fields

Hello,

In a database i have a query with one ID with a link to another table, and when i print it it prints all the ID's.
    Is there a command where u can print only one idea from the list instead of all of em?

This is my situation:

I have persons inserted into on table
    In another table i have these persons with certain information
    I linked the 2 tables in a query
    It works fine but when i print it prints ALL persons and i wanna be able to tell it to only print one person (maybe with the help of a dropdown menu in wich u can choose the perons name and press a button to print?)

Thanks,

Cappucino

i point you to

http://dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=575202

for fixes to this problem
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.

Thanks, i'll read it right away.

But while doing someting else i stumbled (?!?) on another problem:

When i wanna run a program when pressing a button it gives me a syntax error becaus i used "" in the command line;

stAppName = "K:\RN\TT320E.exe -se"betalinsverkeer" -ma -mb -l"

Is there a way i can do this commandline cuz it needs to be this way.

Thanks,

try replacing the " with '
    that might fix it

it did THANKS!

Now to read this too many queries topic, wich is gibberish for now as i dont see where to input these commands, but i am gonna read them now and apply it tomorrow.

i still don't get it

Hey,

I have been trying and changing and searching for a while now with your help, but i still cant find what i want.
    Maybe if i specify my problem a bit more u can help me more if u want to:

We have 10+ programs for wich we give out autorisations, i have stored all the autorisations in a database (tables wich are filled using forms)
    I have made reports for printouts for every program and forms with buttons to print them out.

Now i have made on form named "TotaalID" wich contains all the names of the employees in a field named "ID", then i added the field "ID" to all of my tables and forms and put the data in.
    Then i made the relations of all the tables to the "TotaalID" and created a queries of all the tables with "TotaalID" + "Tablename".
    Then i created a report of each query and made a formbutton wich prints them all out after each other, wich works fine. (ie if i press this button it prints a 16 page report for every person wich is defined in "TotaalID".

What i want to do now, is be able to select on person from "TotaalID" in fe a dropdown menu and print the autorisations fomr only that person instead of having to print 200+ pages if u only want to review the autorisations of 1 person.

Thanks for your help,

Cappucino

p.s. when u give me a command i usually don't know where to put it, so if u have a command can u specifiy where to place it for it to have effect?

Create a query with all the joins etc. the the critria section of the catagorie column in the query put in like [forms]![form_name]![combo_box]

this is the point i was reffering you to
    on your form have a combo box and then use the value in that box to deffine the query the thread i point you at also goes on to talk about some of the problems you may have.

i feel stupid...

Hi,

I am getting somewhere here but i just cant get it to work the way i want to. I added a file in wich i put a tableset, a form and a query.

What i want is in a form select a person from the "eftel" (ID field) from a dropdown menu (=combobox i assume), then push a button
    (with the
    openquery "totaal eftel"
    requery
    commands)

And then it gives me the autorisations from that person (ID)

Maybe u can take a look at it and tell me what i shoulddo exactly , this is unmodified.

Thanks,

Cappucino
    Attached Files Attached Files

affraid that i can't download from this forum, mail it to me at Hells_weapon@yahoo.co.uk and i'll take a look (compact it first)