Question Unanswered: Importing data into DB2 for OS/390

Hello,

I'm new to DB2 and my task is to export some data from Oracle into mainframe DB2 on a monthly basis. My app will be running on client PC, using DB2 CONNECT.

My question: is there any way I can use LOAD API with delimited files which I generate or convert them somehow into unload format that db2 expects? Is it not already possible in DB2 for OS/390 v7.1? (I'm currently testing on v6)

I think Load is my last chance because both ODBC and inserts in embedded sql were too slow. Or have you any idea why inserts to mainframe run 6x slower than when I test it with DB2 UDB for NT?
    On NT everything works fine and using Load with delimited files is also possible...

I would really appreciate if you could help me.
    Thank you,
    Jozef

Re: Importing data into DB2 for OS/390

I think it is not possible to use LOAD with DB2 Connect ....

You'll have to use IMPORT ...

Originally posted by Jozef
    Hello,

I'm new to DB2 and my task is to export some data from Oracle into mainframe DB2 on a monthly basis. My app will be running on client PC, using DB2 CONNECT.

My question: is there any way I can use LOAD API with delimited files which I generate or convert them somehow into unload format that db2 expects? Is it not already possible in DB2 for OS/390 v7.1? (I'm currently testing on v6)

I think Load is my last chance because both ODBC and inserts in embedded sql were too slow. Or have you any idea why inserts to mainframe run 6x slower than when I test it with DB2 UDB for NT?
    On NT everything works fine and using Load with delimited files is also possible...

I would really appreciate if you could help me.
    Thank you,
    Jozef

Re: Importing data into DB2 for OS/390

Thanks for reply sathyaram_s.
    I think I will stick with inserts in the end,
    because I understand that IMPORT uses them.
    Anyway, I'll give it a try.
    Regards,
    Jozef

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    I think it is not possible to use LOAD with DB2 Connect ....

You'll have to use IMPORT ...