Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    12

    Unanswered: export table data with out delimited ascii format

    hi,

    can we export the data from the table to ascii format file with out any delimiter.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    833
    use the asc option with export. then the data will be exported in fixed length ascii

    bernd

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    12
    Originally posted by osy45
    use the asc option with export. then the data will be exported in fixed length ascii

    bernd
    We can do export using asc option, but there we need to specify a delimiter for columns. Is there any other way to export table data with out specifying delimiter.

    Ex- table student(no varchar(2), name(varchar(5))
    no name
    01 siva1
    02 rao11
    03 bernd

    if i export the data from this table to a file, each record of the file should be of 7 character length.

    file should be like below format:
    01siva1
    02rao11
    03bernd

    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,650
    maybe this ...

    select rtrim(no)||rtrim(name) from student


    Cheers

    Sathyaram


    Originally posted by bondalapati100
    We can do export using asc option, but there we need to specify a delimiter for columns. Is there any other way to export table data with out specifying delimiter.

    Ex- table student(no varchar(2), name(varchar(5))
    no name
    01 siva1
    02 rao11
    03 bernd

    if i export the data from this table to a file, each record of the file should be of 7 character length.

    file should be like below format:
    01siva1
    02rao11
    03bernd

    Thanks,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    12
    Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    maybe this ...

    select rtrim(no)||rtrim(name) from student


    Cheers

    Sathyaram


    Thanks Sathyaram !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •