Question Unanswered: Access mdb link tables

I need help to link my MSDE 2000 database with access 2000 *.mdb. When I try to do this and then I try to open a table, I can't see my data but just something like "#delete".

Thank you for help

Question Re: Access mdb link tables

You may wish to include more information about your environment and the workstation on which you are seeing the issue. For example:

Were you previously able to link from the workstation without seeing the issue (if so, describe what has been done since then)? Are you able to do so from any other workstations using Access (if so, describe them) or is this a universal issue? What Access / MS Office, and MDAC service packs are currently installed?

{It may or may not be the case that applying the current MDAC and Office service packs, and subsequently relinking, (delete old links, recreate new ones) will address the issue on the workstation.}

Re: Access mdb link tables

I just find the solution, just have to use int datatype against bigint, in SQL Server 2000. After this change everything is ok.

Thank you

Originally posted by DBA
    You may wish to include more information about your environment and the workstation on which you are seeing the issue. For example:

Were you previously able to link from the workstation without seeing the issue (if so, describe what has been done since then)? Are you able to do so from any other workstations using Access (if so, describe them) or is this a universal issue? What Access / MS Office, and MDAC service packs are currently installed?

{It may or may not be the case that applying the current MDAC and Office service packs, and subsequently relinking, (delete old links, recreate new ones) will address the issue on the workstation.}

Re: Access mdb link tables

You are welcome.

Another Sql Server data type mapping to be cautious with in some versions of client software is bit. If a bit column is null in some rows, some front end applications do not always handle the situation gracefully (depending on what type the Sql Server bit column is mapped to in the front end app).