Talking Unanswered: Controls and Forms

Sorry, I am new to MS Access 2000.. or any. However, i am familiar with computer jargon so you don't have to explain anything slowly..

I am trying to create a form in MS A2K that will house about 1000 people.. they need a table with general info, then they want tabs or buttons they can click on to find out further details about this individual they selected. I figure a table for the list of names, a table for each of the subtopics about each person (such as Medical History, Important Dates --Arrival, Departure, etc--, Personal Info, etc), and a Form to allow the user to add, delete, or search for a person. When they find or add a person, allow the user to click on a button or tab to see the other detailed info.. Does all this sound reasonable so far?

The real question is on a Form I cannot get gather the information they entered into my textbox. I want to have them enter a number into a textbox and click on a cmd button.. on this action I would like to take the number in the textbox, add it to the appropriate field for that person in the database, and update the current screen if that info is displayed.

One more thing.. i tried to do this in Access 97, but I kept getting an "The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'tbl_VolInd.'" error when I used a macro to update the table with the entered value.
    (Now I will be using 2000 though)

ANY suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.. remember.. it's for charity work

Thanks

Re: Controls and Forms

What you want to do is reasonable. However I think I got lost somewhere in the 3rd paragraph ... what is the number .... what does this textbox relate to ....

Perhaps if you send me a copy of your db I can mod it and send it back ... for Charity ... anything ...

Originally posted by hapajapa0218
    Sorry, I am new to MS Access 2000.. or any. However, i am familiar with computer jargon so you don't have to explain anything slowly..

I am trying to create a form in MS A2K that will house about 1000 people.. they need a table with general info, then they want tabs or buttons they can click on to find out further details about this individual they selected. I figure a table for the list of names, a table for each of the subtopics about each person (such as Medical History, Important Dates --Arrival, Departure, etc--, Personal Info, etc), and a Form to allow the user to add, delete, or search for a person. When they find or add a person, allow the user to click on a button or tab to see the other detailed info.. Does all this sound reasonable so far?

The real question is on a Form I cannot get gather the information they entered into my textbox. I want to have them enter a number into a textbox and click on a cmd button.. on this action I would like to take the number in the textbox, add it to the appropriate field for that person in the database, and update the current screen if that info is displayed.

One more thing.. i tried to do this in Access 97, but I kept getting an "The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'tbl_VolInd.'" error when I used a macro to update the table with the entered value.
    (Now I will be using 2000 though)

ANY suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.. remember.. it's for charity work

Thanks
    Mona