Red face Unanswered: access sub forms

Hi, i am using a sub form to hold a set of statements and a main form, the customer details. When i use the tab key to tab from all records in main form and then on to the sub form, and i get to the last record in the sub form, i press tab again to go to the footer with some buttons, used for next record, previous record, etc.

But as i move from last textbox in sub form to first button in footer, the data in the sub form dissapears and I get a new sub form. This is like a new record in the sub form without any of the questions answered. The sub form has statements with the answers as check boxes.

So how can I make sure that the same data in the sub form is visible while the customer it corresponds to is the present record.

Please note that I have to do it this way (use tab key) as the users include Visually Impaired users.

Hope you can help as soon as possible.

Code for last textbox in the LostFocus is:

Private Sub txtTextBoxName_LostFocus()
    Forms!frmMainFormName![a control in main form].SetFocus
    SendKeys "{F6}"
    End Sub

Please help.
    Thanks
    the one and only ada17

Re: access sub forms

Check that your sub form has the cycle proprty set to current record ...
    This may help ... If I understood you correctly ...

Originally posted by ada17
    Hi, i am using a sub form to hold a set of statements and a main form, the customer details. When i use the tab key to tab from all records in main form and then on to the sub form, and i get to the last record in the sub form, i press tab again to go to the footer with some buttons, used for next record, previous record, etc.

But as i move from last textbox in sub form to first button in footer, the data in the sub form dissapears and I get a new sub form. This is like a new record in the sub form without any of the questions answered. The sub form has statements with the answers as check boxes.

So how can I make sure that the same data in the sub form is visible while the customer it corresponds to is the present record.

Please note that I have to do it this way (use tab key) as the users include Visually Impaired users.

Hope you can help as soon as possible.

Code for last textbox in the LostFocus is:

Private Sub txtTextBoxName_LostFocus()
    Forms!frmMainFormName![a control in main form].SetFocus
    SendKeys "{F6}"
    End Sub

Please help.
    Thanks
    Mona

Re: access sub forms

Originally posted by mona
    Check that your sub form has the cycle proprty set to current record ...
    This may help ... If I understood you correctly ...
    Hey thanks, it worked.

What can I say, u a star!

ada
    the one and only ada17